Atlanta Center for Mental Health is a free-standing residential facility. Our goal is to help those struggling with mental health disorders transform their lives. The facility at Atlanta Center for Mental Health is not a hospital setting, and it is not a “lock-up” psychiatric facility. This facility offers an incredible level of comfort and security in order to promote healing, recovery, and wellness. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, we provide around the clock support while you recover. Find out why the Atlanta Center for Mental Health facility is the right choice for you or your loved one.
Amenities at Atlanta Center for Mental Health Facility
Atlanta Center for Mental Health facility has the following to help you heal:
- A biofeedback room – Manage anxiety and stress by controlling your heart rate, muscle contraction, and breathing
- Group therapy rooms – In group therapy rooms, you can connect with others who are struggling with similar issues and form a supportive community
- Separate spaces for smaller groups or individual therapy – During individual therapy, you can begin to understand the role past trauma plays in your mental health
- Areas for exercise and wellness – Exercise relieves stress while releasing endorphins and is part of a holistic treatment plan
- A variety of spaces to support treatment – During both individual and group therapy, you might be assigned work to do, such as journaling or reading
Why Patients Love Us
We offer a number of opportunities for recreation while at our center. One type of therapy we offer is recreational therapy, during which you’ll have the opportunity to go for hikes and walks with a group. These outings both help you connect with others and build healthy bonds while you learn more about yourself.
We are committed to making your stay here both comfortable and enjoyable. Our facility’s carefully designed living and dining areas provide a relaxing environment as you move through the detox process. Separate sleeping spaces, with private and semi-private bedrooms, ensure a level of privacy when needed. Since therapy for mental health disorders can be tiring, a comfortable place to rest is essential. We provide meals and snacks with an emphasis on the best ingredients and dishes possible. Your mental health and physical health are closely connected, so by caring for your body, you’re helping your mind heal.
We work with Atlanta Detox Center as well for those with substance abuse issues. Addiction does not need to stand in the way of getting help for your mental health. At our safe, comfortable facility, you can find help for both.