Dealing with life can be complicated without extra stressors. Therefore, when you add a mental health challenge to the mix, you can have more difficulty coping. Several common mental health disorders exist that create barriers for people having a successful journey through life. Consequently, some people turn to substance abuse as a way to cope with the pain that mental health problems cause. If you have one of the various common mental health disorders, then it’s vital to seek treatment from the Atlanta Center for Mental Health. To move forward in life with peace and happiness of mind, contact our mental health treatment center at 833.625.0458 today.
Common Mental Health Disorders
There are more than 200 classified forms of mental illness. However, not all of them are well known. Some of the more common mental health disorders include:
- Anxiety Disorders: An anxiety disorder can range from being a generalized disorder to having a panic disorder. Phobia disorders are also classified as anxiety disorders. If you are struggling, seek help from an anxiety treatment program.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: PTSD is a common disorder and results when you’ve been through a traumatic situation in the past. Some symptoms of this disorder include flashbacks, nightmares, and disassociation, which result from not dealing with the trauma at a PTSD treatment program when it occurs.
- Mood Disorders: This type of disorder includes illnesses like major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder. Both of these affect your mood, making you feel down or swing from one mood to the other which causes the need for a bipolar treatment program.
- Psychotic Disorders: Psychotic mental health disorders are not as commonplace as some other disorders. However, they tend to be more serious. Often times, psychotic disorders involve people breaking from reality, hallucinating, or hearing voices. Schizophrenia is a common example of this type of mental health disorder.
What Happens With Untreated Mental Illness?
If you ignore mental illness and it is left untreated without seeking mental health therapies, it tends to get worse. This leads to a deterioration of mental stability. Some results are:
- Physical problems, such as an upset stomach, headaches, and insomnia
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Risky behavior
- Suicidal ideation
Help For Mental Health Disorders
There is help for those suffering from mental health disorders. The first step is participating in an individual therapy program. One-on-one sessions allow you to gain help from a therapist. During the initial phase, you will get an evaluation, which assesses what type of mental illness you have. After the therapist understands your diagnosis, you can move forward with the appropriate treatment. Some of the therapies that help with common mental health disorders include:
- Individual therapy program
- Group therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Dialectical behavior therapy program
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
Find Help at Atlanta Center for Mental Health
Find help as you restart your life at a reputable mental health center. The Atlanta Center for Mental Health is the place for you to find healing and compassion for your mental health needs. Our experienced therapists will be there to guide the way as you make your journey to a whole new future. An intake specialist will guide you in finding the best residential mental health treatment program for your needs. We understand the challenges of a mental health disorder, and we will are equipped to get you through it.
Our evidence-based therapies are specifically equipped to deal with mental health problems. With the help of our clinical treatment program, you can find the tools to turn your life around and begin life anew. Trust in yourself and what you can accomplish by taking the first step.
Don’t let a mental health disorder steal your joy in life. If you have any of these common mental health disorders, you can find hope by contacting the Atlanta Center for Mental Health. Contact 833.625.0458 today, and we’ll walk beside you every step of the way.