When living with depression, even simple tasks can seem like a struggle. Daily activities can seem like insurmountable barriers, and it can feel as if there is no hope for recovery. However, as much as recovery can seem out of reach, if you are living with depression, you do not have to struggle alone. A depression treatment program can address the symptoms of your depression, improve your mental health, and bring you peace of mind.
At Atlanta Center for Mental Health, there is always hope for recovery. Our staff of knowledgeable and compassionate counselors are dedicated to your recovery and will work alongside you to address your personal mental health needs. If you or a loved one feels that depression has robbed you of your joy, find peace of mind once again by calling 833.625.0458.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression
Depression can exhibit itself differently depending on the person and how they cope. However, you may be experiencing depression if you exhibit a consistent depressive mood along with a combination of these symptoms for at least two weeks.
- Persistent feelings of sadness, worthlessness, emptiness, or hopelessness–You generally feel down most days and may feel like there is no hope for feeling better.
- Withdrawal from your social life–You may find yourself intentionally or unintentionally isolating yourself from friends or family. You may feel like a burden as a result of your mental health struggles.
- Fatigue–Constant exhaustion and inability to complete daily tasks.
- Disinterest in activities–Even the things you used to love may not hold any joy or interest for you.
- Changes in your sleep schedule–You may find yourself with bouts of insomnia, or you may be entirely unable to get out of bed.
- Appetite or weight changes–Some people with depression stop eating, while others turn to food as a coping mechanism and overeat.
- Brain fog and memory loss–You may find it difficult to think, remember details, concentrate or remember important commitments.
- Suicidal ideation–Recurrent thoughts of suicide, with or without a definite plan to do it.
These symptoms can vary in severity, and not everyone who experiences a depressive episode needs professional treatment. However, if these symptoms persist and take a significant toll on your mental health and peace of mind, depression treatment can help.
How Depression Treatment Can Help You Find Peace of Mind
In depression treatment, you will work with a counselor and utilize a variety of evidence-based methods to pinpoint and combat the root of your depression. There are several mental health benefits to depression treatment, including:
- Identifying the life problems that contribute to your depression and creating actionable goals to solve or improve on these issues
- Finding negative thought patterns that reinforce a depressed outlook and engender feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Pinpointing learned thoughts and behaviors that create problems in your life and can contribute to your depression
- Replacing these negative thoughts and behaviors with positive alternatives
- Learning to create healthy coping mechanisms and positive habits, such as diet, exercise, proper sleep, journaling, and mindfulness activities
- Regaining control and joy in your life
Find Depression Treatment in Atlanta with Atlanta Center for Mental Health
Depression treatment can break the hold depression has on your life and foster long-lasting healthy habits. At Atlanta Center for Mental Health, you will find a thoughtful and supportive community, compassionate staff, and high-quality levels of care. We offer a variety of depression treatment therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy program
If you or a loved one has difficulty dealing with depression, you can begin the road to recovery, reclaim your mental health, and attain peace of mind with the Atlanta Center for Mental Health. To learn how we can help, call 833.625.0458 or fill out our online contact form today.