Anxiety is a normal feeling that we all experience at some point in our lives. It helps us to be alert to any potential hazards in our environments. But sometimes, this feeling overwhelms people and they begin to show signs of anxiety. Over 40 million adults and approximately 7% of children below 17 years in the USA develop anxiety symptoms. Therefore, it is prudent that each individual pays attention to the behavior of their loved ones. This will help them identify any signs of anxiety earlier so that they can seek the appropriate treatment on time. At Atlanta Center for Mental Health, we are here to provide you with the residential mental health treatment program in GA you need so you can overcome your anxiety.
Common Symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety disorder manifests itself in individuals in a number of different ways. This is because the disorder is composed of a group of conditions with unique symptoms. These symptoms can make an individual experience persistent and excessive fear.
The overwhelming fear manifests itself even in situations that are not threatening to the individual’s well-being. The signs of anxiety are fall broadly into two categories: emotional and physical. The emotional signs relate to the individual’s feelings when they are feeling anxious. Additionally, these physical signs are the reactions that the body experiences when the individual is anxious.
Emotional Signs of Anxiety
Below are some of the emotional signs of anxiety:
- Overwhelming feelings of apprehension and dread
- Pessimism that makes an individual constantly anticipate the worst
Physical Signs of Anxiety
Furthermore, the physical symptoms of anxiety include:
- Shortness of breath
- Headaches, insomnia and unexplainable fatigue
- Frequent urination and stomach upsets
- Racing heart
Types of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety manifests itself in different situations for every individual. Certain situations can trigger feelings of anxiety in an individual. Other people are inherently born with a high chance of developing the disorder due to their lineage. These types of anxiety disorders include:
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This type of anxiety makes a person extremely fearful about social interactions. The reason for this fearful tendency may be due to the person’s worries about how other people perceive their ability to interact.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This type makes people worry so much about everyday life. It can make a person spend considerable hours of their time just thinking. Such people experience nausea, headaches, and tension.
- Panic Disorders: As the name suggests, this anxiety causes panic attacks and sudden feelings of terror. It has powerful physical symptoms such as dizziness and shortness of breath.
Identify the Signs of Anxiety and Find Available Treatment Today
Studies have shown that mental health therapies are extremely effective in managing anxiety. That is why Atlanta Center for Mental Health uses both therapy and medication to alleviate the symptoms. Below are some of the available programs at our facility:
- Medication management: The program’s goal is to assess and treat the signs of anxiety. The program focuses on finding the proper treatment for the symptoms at the right dosage. Doctors and nurses are available at all times so we can provide you with the psychiatric care you need.
- Crisis intervention: This program provides relief for patients in a serious crisis. This program is for patients who have difficulty functioning as a result of the disorder. The program offers accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plans so we can help you heal.
- Mental health treatment program: The residential mental health program allows the patient to enroll with the facility for intensive therapy. The therapy probes the underlying causes that trigger the patient’s anxiety. This helps us understand your symptoms so we can help you find the best recovery plan.
Enroll with Atlanta Center for Mental Health Today
Don’t let anxiety disrupt your lifestyle and that of your loved ones. Take note of your behavior and those of the people you care about. If you notice any signs of anxiety in an individual or yourself, don’t panic. We can help you overcome this at our mental health treatment center in Atlanta, GA. Contact us today at 833.625.0458 so we can help you overcome the symptoms of anxiety.